Why Become a MFN Mental Health Professional?
As a mental health professional, you know that mental health and physical health are inextricably connected. People with mental illness are at higher risk for having chronic medical conditions. Similarly, people with chronic medical conditions are at higher risk for developing mental health issues. When mental and medical illnesses co-occur, each condition can complicate the treatment and outcomes of the other. Even without the presence of a clinically significant mental illness, the treatment of chronic medical conditions is bolstered by the inclusion of a mental health professional on the treatment team, as you can help clients increase motivation for managing medical conditions in healthy ways, improve medical treatment adherence, teach behavioral and cognitive interventions for managing medical conditions, reduce stress, and increase quality of life.
The need for mental health professionals who work with mental and medical illness is rapidly increasing. People aged 65 and older are the fastest growing cohort, and within this group it is anticipated that the number of people with co-occurring mental and medical problems will almost quadruple, from 4 million in 1970 to 15 million in 2030.1
With its unique mission to bring together the most qualified fitness and healthcare providers, significant benefits, and partnerships with leading patient care organizations, MFN is poised to become the nation’s leading referral resource for Complementary Care Providers. MFN will help clients and other professionals find you!
Our Promise to you
- We will focus on referrals from both the community and within the network
- We will continue to enhance credibility by building alliances with patient organizations, medical centers and health insurance companies
- We will continue to optimize our site to bring clients to our members
- Discount Continuing Education courses, workshops and webinars
- Highly customizable profile page and useable URL for business cards
- Search engine optimized
- Job postings
- Referrals within in the network from other professionals
- Discounts on business products
- Discounts on orthopedic, physical therapy, massage therapy rehabilitation products
- Discounts on fitness & sports performance equipment, functional training, balance, bands and tubing
- Discounts on fitness apparel and shoes
- Discounts on magazines, books & DVD’s
- Discounts on travel
- And so much more!!
1American Psychological Association Office on Aging (2005). Psychology and Aging: Addressing Mental Health Needs of Older Adults. Retrieved from: http://www.apa.org/pi/aging/resources/guides/aging.pdf