When completing a membership profile, potential members must include:
- a profile picture of themselves
- contact info
- place of business
- # years experience
- fee range for their services.
Potential members must meet the following requirements:
ALL PROFESSIONALS MUST:
- Maintain current malpractice or professional liability insurance.
- Have at least one certification or related coursework for one or more of the medical conditions MFN sponsors.
Potential members must also meet the following requirements within their industry:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited acupuncture school
- Must have a current acupuncture license in the state they are providing acupuncture
- Must comply with the Continuing Education units needed for their state licensure (ex. in CA 50 hours every 2 yrs), varies per state
- Must maintain CPR/First Aid certification
- Must be a graduate of an accredited chiropractic college
- Must meet all current educational units; and have passed Parts I, II, III, IV and Physiotherapy of the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (NBCE).
- Must have an active license issued from the state(s) in which they practice.
- Must meet all yearly continuing education requirements for the state(s) in which they are licensed to practice.
DIETITIAN or NUTRITIONIST
- Dietitians must be certified as a Dietitian through the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Dietitians must be licensed as such, if practicing in a state that has licensure.
- Nutritionists must hold a bachelors or masters degree in Nutrition from an accredited college/university or hold an advanced certification in Nutrition from a nationally recognized organization.
- Must hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in fitness or health related field and or possess a certification from a nationally-recognized certification, NCCA or ANSI/ISO accredited program
- Must maintain a current CPR/AED certification
HEALTH & WELLNESS COACH
- Graduate of an ICHWC-Approved Transition program (After January 2020, must be a National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach)
- Completed a health & wellness, lifestyle, weight management certification from aa nationally-recognized fitness certification, NCCA or ANSI/ISO accredited program
- Must have completed 500 hours of massage therapy education
- Must have a current state license/permit or national certification
- Must have successfully completed a professional physical therapy education program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in a Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Must have received a bachelors, masters, or doctorate in physical therapy upon graduation
- Must be licensed in the state in which they practice
- Must maintain the required yearly continuing education units for active licensure
MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL
- Must maintain a current license in the state(s) in which you practice
- Must be in current good standing with your state licensing board(s)
- Must maintain the required continuing education units for active licensure
YOGA THERAPISTS & YOGA INSTRUCTORS
- Must hold current certification from a nationally/internationally recognized yoga therapy organization. (C-IAYT, PYT)
- Yoga Instructors (group and one-on-one)
- Must have 500-hour training certificate from an accredited organization and 2000 teaching hours
- Must have 300 hours of course work in yoga therapy