Since 2003, Jaclyn has been employed within the allied health profession as a Clinical Exercise Physiologist. She received her bachelor’s degree from St. Joseph’s College of Maine and her master’s degree from Adelphi University in Clinical Exercise Physiology. She was awarded a doctoral assistantship at Virginia Polytechnic Institute in the department of Human Nutrition, Food and Exercise in 2005. Prior to initiating her own doctoral research, she was a full-time visiting instructor at the University of New England in the Applied Exercise Science Department. For three years she served as the Lead Clinical Exercise Physiologist for Maine Medical Center’s Turning Point Heart Health Program.
With a passion for sustainable healthy living and a desire to support patient-centered care, she Co-Founded a model for medical fitness integration in existing facilities (UMedGym) and developed a proprietary bi-directional EMR that facilitates longitudinal data collection and reporting for all members and integrates with many other cutting edge technologies (Universal Medical Technology, LLC). Their model powers many healthcare providers from fitness professionals to Physician Groups to Self-Insured Employers. Jaclyn enjoys spending time with her husband, 2 children and 2 dogs at their home in New Gloucester, Maine.
Learn more about UMedTech and UMedGym at their website.
- The M.O.G. Parkinson’s Exercise and Wellness Programming – New England Payors Forum (2013)
- The Stress Response and Cardiac Risk – Maine Medical Center Grand Rounds Presentation (2009)
- Implantable Cardiac Defibrillators and Patient Safety During Exercise – Maine Cardiology Associates – August 2008 (presentation to ICD Support Group)
- Body Composition: Current Methodologies and Clinical Application – University of Southern Maine Sports Nutrition Symposium
- Nutrition and Energy Balance: How to live a healthy life – University of New England: Healthy Aging, Healthy People
- Theodore J. Becker, PhD; Jaclyn M. Morrill (Chadbourne), M.S.; Erin E. Stamper, B.A. “Applications of Work Physiology Science to Capacity Test Prediction of Full-Time Work” (2008)
- McLaughlin, K, Lail, A, Morrill (Chadbourne), J, Viola, A, Wygand, J, and Otto, R.M. Body composition assessment of competitive swimmers by dexa vs. hydrostatic weighing. MSSE 2003, 35:6;s365.
- Otto, R.M., McLaughlin, K, Morrill (Chadbourne), J, Viola, A, Lail, A, Otto, K, and Wygand, J. Bone density measures of world championship kona ironman qualifiers. MSSE 2003, 35:6;s365.
- Wygand, J. Otto, R,M., Lail, A, Viola, A, Morrill (Chadbourne), J, and Mclaughlin, K. Bone density measures of ironman triathlon participants. MSSE 2003, 35:6;s365