Join the MedFit movement and escalate your career.
Become an MFN Professional Member!
Here is what some of the top professionals are saying about MedFit Network!
MedFit Network (MFN) is both a professional membership organization for fitness and allied healthcare professionals, and a free online resource directory for the community to locate professionals with a background in prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation in working with those with chronic disease or medical conditions.
As a professional membership organization, we help support elite personal trainers & allied health professionals so they can have the impact, freedom, income they deserve, by serving those who need next-level trainers to provide guidance towards improving health and quality of life.
Medical Fitness Specialists help make the transition from medical management and/or physical therapy to a regular physical activity program following a surgery, an injury, a medical diagnosis or exacerbation of a pre-existing condition.
They possess the training and skills to work with medical conditions. Medical needs may include obesity, diabetes, hypertension, neuromuscular disorders, heart disease, lung disease, osteoporosis, orthopedic injury, cancer, Alzheimer’s, arthritis, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, menopausal and hormonal changes, and mental health.
“Medical fitness specialist” does not just include personal trainers or fitness professionals. We welcome all fitness, wellness and health related disciplines on our Network, including chiropractors, massage therapists, physical therapists, nutritionists, etc. All of these professionals should work collaboratively to improve lives!
We are entering a new era with medical fitness in terms of understanding how exercise can help individuals with chronic illness, pain, stress, and depression as well as improve functionality — physically and mentally.
As the demand for fitness professionals increases, more people will enter this field. There remains no single, standard qualification or certification required to practice as a personal fitness trainer.
BUT, anyone with basic knowledge of fitness can advertise themselves as a fitness trainer. This is an injustice to the many experienced and credentialed fitness professionals. This also puts the consumer at risk and places an unfair burden on them to screen and research the credentials of a potential health and fitness professional. This is why Lisa Dougherty started the MedFit Network.
MOST of the general public do not know how to develop the components of a progressive fitness program. Those with medical issues have an even greater challenge. This includes people over 50, those with chronic medical conditions (for example: high blood pressure, blood sugar, high cholesterol, arthritis, osteoporosis), women going through menopause, had joint replacement, battling depression, chronic pain, overweight or obesity, or those finished with prescribed physical therapy sessions. These individuals make up a majority of our U.S. population! They need to find a fitness professional that has specialty training to understand their specific needs and limitations.
We need professionals like you to join this national project & registry!
What do you get with your MFN membership?
- Increase Your Online Exposure and Credibility. Membership includes a full page profile on the MFN public directory. Top medical & health organizations direct consumer traffic to the MFN looking for services like yours. You can also advertise your profile on your website.
- Free Educational Webinars. Weekly educational webinars (Over $500 value) are included with membership. Webinars are presented by industry experts, on a range of medical fitness and active aging topics.
- Subscription to MedFit TV. Access to 80+ hard-hitting webinars and educational conference recordings on MedFit TV. ($99 value)
- Member Only Discounts. Receive exclusive discounts on certifications, continuing education courses, and products from MFN’s 80+ partners.
- Subscription to MedFit Professional Magazine. Members receive a free subscription to MedFit Professional, the premier medical fitness magazine for fitness and allied health professionals.
- Social Media Spotlights. Social media exposure via MFN and our medical & health organization partners who highlight our members weekly.
- MFN Professional Group Forum. Access to the private MFN Professional Group Forum where you can network with other professionals and seek advice from experts.
- Become an Industry Expert. Distinguish yourself as a thought leader in your field. Members are invited to contribute original articles within their area of specialty for our blog, and receive additional exposure as an MFN Industry Expert.
- Membership Badge. MFN professional member badge to proudly display on your website and email signatures
In this industry, education and continuing education is critical — not only for business success, but to effectively and safely work with clients of all skill levels and health histories. MFN professional membership includes education opportunities & discounts. Our goal is to help members gain skills within their profession to help improve the quality of life for the aging population and those with medical conditions or chronic disease.